Global Warming Essay
859 Words4 Pages
Global warming is the process in which the Earth’s temperature starts increasing. This happens because industry, fossil fuels, agricultural processes caused by human, natural, and other gas emissions, this factors increase greenhouse gases, greenhouse gases are made up of carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide. The greenhouse gases stay in the atmosphere and prevent the suns warming rays to leave the Earth. So the sun’s warming rays stay inside the Earth increasing its average temperature. Global warming isn’t the end of the world, it’s just a natural process in which the Earth cleans or rinse organisms.
Now a days the Automobiles, heat from homes and businesses, and factories are responsible for about 80% of today's carbon dioxide…show more content…
Lastly many bodies of water become polluted thanks to all the gasses in the atmosphere that mix with the clouds and fall as acid rain polluting rivers, and lakes and killing many animals. All of theses factors change our daily life and can ruin whole species, and all of this is because of temperature changes.
Many scientific methods of controlling or lowering the Earth’s temperature are being researched; these can also be called geoengineering. Geoengineering is a method in which scientists can change the levels of greenhouse gases directly or indirectly. Also there could be methods that prevent greenhouse gasses to be emitted. There have never been any geoengineering solutions done on a global scale since it has to be almost proof less. But there have been some ideas that are being use on a small scale like the iron fertilization; this is a process in which iron is injected into the oceans to speed up the reproduction of plankton which breath carbon dioxide and emit oxygen, this is one solution that seems to have the least side effects thanks to the reason I just presented and also due to that plankton are the base of many marine animals food chain. So this method is being widely researched to see if it can be done on a global scale. Not only is lowering the levels of gases in the air important, but also lowering the level of gases we emit, and there have been many scientific breakthroughs like solar energy or cars that run
Introduction and meaning: The rise in earth’s surface temperature as a consequence of greenhouse effect is called Global Warming.
The greenhouse gases such as carbon-dioxide and other pollutants absorbs more heat from the sun then it radiates back. This causes an increase in the intensity of heat in atmosphere.
The thickening of earth atmosphere because of presence of increased carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases is called greenhouse effect.
What causes Global Warming?
1. Deforestation and industrial emissions result to an increase greenhouse gases (such as carbon-dioxide) around earth’s atmosphere.
2. These greenhouse gases traps and absorbs atmospheric heat and ultimately causes Global warming (an increase earth’s surface temperature).
Effects / Impact of Global Warming
If Global warming continues the world would be in danger. The major effects and impacts of Global Warming are:
1. Climate Change: Global warming is causing climate change. The world’s is becoming warmer and warmer. There is also prediction of regional climate changes along the ecosystem.
2. Sea Level Change: One major consequence of global warming arising out of greenhouse effect is the rise in sea level. Four major changes take place prior to this. They are: Thermal expansion, mountain glacier melting, Greenland ice sheet melting and Polar (Arctic and Antarctic) ice sheet melting. Thus, the coastal cities and ports may be submerged under sea-water. Many islands may vanish from the earth surface as well as from the world map.
3. Water Balance: Although changes in sea-level have received much publicity, problems of water availability are likely to be more serious and perhaps more expensive to solve. In future, warmer world will face water crisis in some parts while in other regions it will be wetter than it is now.
There is uncertainty regarding regional forecasts of future precipitation as warming of globe makes it difficult to predict. Also, pattern of agricultural changes, or effects on ecosystems in general are fairly unpredictable.
4. Human Health: The human health is put at risk because of Global warming. In recent years, there have been newer reports of spread of major tropical diseases with changing climate. As the earth becomes warmer, more and more people are likely to be affected by tropical diseases.
How to prevent Global Warming?
The problem of Global Warming can be controlled by minimizing the emission of greenhouse gases into the environment. The following preventive steps would help save the earth from the harmful effects of Global Warming.
- Laws. The Laws that governs pollution and greenhouse gases should be followed.
- Reduction in thermal power generating stations. Reduced dependence on thermal power for our electricity need would help towards reducing the quantity if carbon dioxide in the environment. The use of fossil fuels for generating conventional energy is a major of greenhouse gases.
- We should not waste paper. We can save paper by keeping documents in electronic format and by not printing emails.
- Planting Trees. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and releases oxygen. Trees are helpful in reducing the problem of global warming.
- Sharing our car. We can share our car while going to office or performing other scheduled activities. On one hand, we will save money, and on the other, we will emit less greenhouse gases.
Category: Environment, Essays, Paragraphs and Articles