Psychology is the scientific study of the mind and behavior. It is multifaceted from the functions of the brain in humans and other animals. It comes from the Greek word “psyche” meaning mind, soul, spirit and the Greek word logia means “study of something”.
Knowing where to start the research process can make your writing a breeze. We have outlined a few tips to make writing your research paper manageable.
How to write a great psychology research paper.
First analyse type of paper
There are a few psychology papers which you might come across in your studies. Empirical paper, this details own research. The format of the paper follows the APA format including the title page, abstract, introduction, method analysis section,discussion section and references.
Summarizes research conducted by other people. The latter is more has more pages in length. The format of the paper includes introduction, body and discussion/implication and conclusion.
Secondly select a fascinating idea for your topic
Avoid over-broad topics. Narrowing your topics allows you to research with focus. Fully explore your pertinent findings and include in your thesis statement. Develop an effective research strategy at this point.
Third write an outline
Develop a strong framework. Make sure your idea flows into logical paragraphs. The more detailed your outline the more easier your writing will get.
Fourth draft, refine and edit
With a solid outline, writing will be a breeze. Rule of the thumb in writing is never submit a first draft. It helps to give it to someone else to read and proofread through.
List of 150 Great Psychology Research paper Topics by Subject Headings
- Are twins at a higher risk of eating disorders?
- Anorexia nervosa.
- Binge eating.
- Bulimia nervosa.
- Which brain cell plays a key role in appetite?
- Ways obesity can weigh in the brain.
- Pica eating disorder.
- How can we stop body shaming?
- How to break free from addiction.
- LGBT have a higher rate of drug abuse.
- Is teen hacking an addiction?
- Does eating right ease symptoms of postpartum depression?
- Why are depression cases rising among teen girls in the US?
- Causes of post traumatic stress disorder.
- Borderline personality disorder.
- Can blood tests recognise mental illness?
- Treatment of schizophrenia.
- Antisocial personality disorder.
- Is being a perfectionist a type of personality disorder?
- Personality disorders.
- What purpose do dreams serve.
- Psychoanalytic theory of dreams.
- How does the activation synthesis model explain dreams?
- What causes false memory?
- How do mental sets impact your ability to solve problems.
- What is the meaning of having a learning disability in applied math?
- Difference between implicit and explicit memory?
- Factors that determine intelligence.
- IQ or EQ which is more important?
- Discuss the stroop effect.
- How does opponent process theory explain how we see color?
- Motor theory of speech.
- Cognitive psychology in the middle ages.
- Cognitive neuroscience.
- The ego and the self.
- A neuropsychological perspective of attention.
- Creativity and divergent thinking?
- Long term memory.
- Verbal behavior.
- Psycho social theory of development.
- Does your favorite climatic season say a lot about your personality?
- Cultural nature of human development.
- Piaget’s stages of development.
- Should infants be taught sign language?
- Do mental games help elderly adults keep their cognitive skills sharp?
- Do birth order have an impact on procrastination?
- How does self awareness develop?
- How can parents help their kids develop social and emotional skills?
- Does the style of parenting influence a child’s level of physical activity?
- How are certain traits associated with heroism and altruism?
- Does temperament relate to creativity?
- Is it rare to marry a spouse with similar personality?
- Do people who share same personality traits share same taste in music?
- Is there a relationship between personality trait and the pet they would keep? Say dog or cat?
- What are the factors that make up your personality?
- Are leaders made or born?
- In the military is the authoritarian leadership effective?
- How does type A behaviour influence success in learning institutions?
- Compare personality types of athletes and nonathletes.
- What the potential risks of depression and the preventive strategies that can be used.
- Investigate in depth adolescent mental health and peer pressure.
- What are the long term effects of childhood trauma?
- What is the impact of anxiety disorder on a person’s social life?
- What therapy is effective in treating children’s behavioural disorder?
- The effects of the global economic crises and depression in men.
- Discuss the “boarding school syndrome”
- Is group therapy more effective than individual therapy?
- Discus the values of psychotherapy.
- Who is a beneficiary of psychotherapy?
- How does classical conditioning work?
- Can learning occur through associations or through rewards and punishments?
- What are the therapeutic techniques rooted in behavioural psychology?
- What is secondary reinforcement?
- From a psychologist’s point of view is punishment effective?
- Can behaviour analysis be an effective tool for children with milestone delays?
- Does our implicit attitude influence how we respond to people?
- Which signals do most people respond to more? Verbal or nonverbal?
- Does your appearance impact how people respond to you?
- Does attractiveness produce “a halo effect”?
Largest Specialty in Psychology
Discuss in depth on this psychology specialties
- Clinical psychology.
- Experimental psychology.
- Counseling psychology.
- Human factor psychology.
- Forensic psychology.
- School psychology.
- Industrial organizational psychology.
- Social psychology.
- What effect does neurotransmitters have on the body?
- What is biopsychology?
- Does prescribing dopamine in the early stages of parkinson’s disease help patients?
- Is there a strong link between excessive amounts of dopamine and schizophrenia?
- Discuss the central nervous system.
- How is the endocrine and nervous system linked?
- What is autonomic nervous system?
- What is a neuron and what is its function?
- What part of the brain deals with will power?
- How does hypnosis induce change of specific patterns of the brain?
- Do animals adapt their vocal signals to social environments?
- Discuss “baboons have voice and communication “ but not theory of mind.
- Do animals share with humans conscious metacognition?
- Do some non human animals like dolphins have conscious metacognition?
- Is it prudent to have animal robotics?
- Do animals have reflective minds?
- What is the cognitive rift between animals and humans?
- Can dogs recognise human emotions? Discuss.
- Do large brain size animal have the capacity to solve problems better?
- Expound how dogs respond to goal oriented behaviour similar to human infants.
- Identify and define problems with autism.
- Discuss achievement gap.
- Investigate how people understand mathematics and how the exceptional maths genius brain works.
- Adult learning perspective from educational psychology.
- Critical thinking definition has changed over decades. Discuss from a psychologist’s point of view what critical thinking is.
- Discuss the general rise of IQ in this century.
- What is the make up of a gifted child’s brain different than others? Discuss Dyslexia.
- Should the government give more funding to causes for the gifted and talented?
- Is differentiated instruction an effective tool to teach gifted students? Discuss.
- Discuss the techniques used in operant conditioning.
- Short term memory experiment.
- Conformity experiment. How does a group size affect the conformity experiment?
- Does eating breakfast help students perform better in school.
- Create stroop effect experiment, with uncommon colors.
- Are people who prefer complex music like jazz more creative?
- Do assertive people like more aggressive music like rap?
- Are female better in remembering words and numbers?
- Female participants will score higher on memory tests.
- Could the color of paper used in an examination affect the performance of the student?
- Does using colored paper in schools boost memory?
- Is pedophilia a neurodevelopmental disorder?
- What are the odds that child sex offenders have themselves been sexually assaulted as children?
- What is causing an increase in homegrown terror groups?
- What are the factors for higher rates of juvenile murderers.
- What is the cause of mass suicide in cults?
- Has the internet played a role in copycat crimes?
- Does a serial killer have a mental disorder? Discuss.
- Are aggressive people more likely to commit crime?
- How does forensic psychology differ with other specialities like clinical psychology?
- Evaluate the risk of reoffending and what unique patterns they have.
- What are the psychological strategies that can help one adhere to exercise and diets?
- Is there a link between the “ideal body” portrayed in media and eating disorders?
- Are there psychological strategies that bear long term outcomes in cases of coping with loss of a loved one.
- Has the number of crib deaths gone down. Is there much awareness on precaution measures.
- What is the psychological impact of a caregiver looking after a relative with a chronic disease?
- Are suicide prevention programs effective? Why a rise in teen suicide tendencies?
- Are women more likely to get depressed?
- Discuss the dynamics of anxiety and hysteria
- Which psychological strategies are effective to have a smoker stop the habit.
- What are the natural remedies for seasonal affective disorder?
- Are panic attacks a mental disorder?
- In the recent spate of school shootings do the children need group therapy or individual therapy?
Looking for where to buy research papers? Check out our home page for more information.
Are you looking for good psychology papers topics? Look through the list of our ideas and find really good topic for your academic paper. Starting your search of subjects, take into consideration your supervisor’s guidelines. Talking about general psychology, you can choose the topic from the whole course. In some other cases, for example abnormal psychology, you can be assigned to write academic paper, concerning specific subject – psychological disorder, etc.
General Psychology Papers Topics
General psychology is a wide sphere of knowledge and the writer has a great opportunity to choose among the great selection of ideas. Picking up psychology papers topics, it is necessary to pay attention to some general idea and then narrow it down. Some of the most common ideas include:
- Albert Bandura’s social cognitive theory and its observational learning. (check here: AP Psychology Paper Sample: Albert Bandura)
- Psychology of games: What is the secret of the popularity of Pokemon Go? (check here: Psychology Papers: The One about Pokémon Go)
- Psychological manipulation of consciousness and methods of protection. (check here: Advertising Essay Sample: People’s Psychology Manipulation)
- Psychological features of professional restaurant business work. (check here: Psychology Paper Sample: Restaurants)
- Protective methods in psychodiagnostic testing: Hand Test, Rorschach test and Lüscher color test. (check here: Psychology Essay: The Rorschach Test)
- Experiment as a method of psychological research and its ethical problems. (check here: Psychology Essay Example: Failed Experiments)
- Compulsive buying disorder: The psychology of sales. (check here: Psychology Behind Love For The Black Friday)
- Psychology of needs: How does Maslow’s Pyramid works? (check here: Psychology Essay Sample: Maslow’s Concept)
- Contradictions of the Muslim religion and classical psychology. (check here: College Essay Samples: The One about Muslim Students)
- The dark side of human personality and its measures. (check here: Sample Essay Writing: Dark Personality)
Abnormal Psychology Papers Topics
The abnormal psychology itself deals with abnormal behavior and other disorders and academic papers topics on psychology usually deal with them and their treatment. For example:
- The diagnosis of attention in children with disabilities.
- Mechanisms of psychological protection of drug addicts and their relationship with personality traits.
- Pathological study of cognitive processes in organic brain lesions.
- Methods of diagnosis of specific personality disorders among young people.
- Psychological model of social anxiety disorder. Diagnosis and treatment.
- Violation of the basic components of cognitive activity in young men and women with schizophrenic disorders.
- Features of the course of circular depressions in patients with concomitant personality disorder.
- Depressive disorder with generalized anxiety. Diagnosis and treatment.
- The influence of hereditary factors in the formation of depressive disorders in children and adolescents.
- Clinical features of a recurrent depressive disorder in the cases of multiple sclerosis.
- Differential diagnosis and treatment of depressive disorders in women during menopause.
- Factors influencing the clinic and treating depressive disorders.
- Theoretical analysis of the mechanisms of the emotional Stroop effect.
- Perfectionism and satisfaction with body image in the personality structure of patients with eating disorders and alimentary obesity.
- The use of group art therapy in the complex hospital treatment of patients suffering from severe mental disorders.
- System of psychotherapy for family disadaptation in men and women with personality disorders.
- Approaches to complex therapy of panic disorder. Treatment options.
- Personal features in the mechanisms of the pathogenesis of a panic disorder.
- The occurrence of nocturnal panic attacks and their connection with depressive disorders.
- Psychological protection in children of mothers with personality disorders.
Developmental Psychology Papers Topics
This field of psychology deals with the lifespan of the person, so there is no need to worry about the variety of topics. Just make sure yourself:
- Determination of levels of understanding of the child on the experiments connected with the Piaget phenomenon.
- Development of reflective judgment and moral judgment.
- Role games as a means of developing psychological competence in adolescence.
- Diagnosis of child giftedness in early ontogeny.
- Analysis of reasons why children are fighting.
- The concept of aggression and the causes of its manifestation in children.
- Development of self-confidence in middle childhood (from 7 to 11 years).
- History and causes of dyslexia. A review of various modern methods of diagnosis and correction of dyslexia.
- The psychological status of a person subjected to abuse in the family.
- Prevention of child suicides and their relationship to family conflicts.
- Peculiarities of personal development and aggressive behavior of adolescent boys from single-parent families.
- Personal determinants of parenthood: paternity and masculinity.
- Gender roles: positive and negative impact on family relationships.
- How the roles of men and women have changed in society.
- Influence of mass media on the formation of the child’s personality.
- Features of mental and psychosexual development of persons who have experienced sexual violence.
- Psychological features that precede the formation of homosexuality.
- Moral development stages. Heinz’s Dilemma “Greedy Apothecary” or “Hack a Pharmacy?”
- Personal and social-emotional development in late adulthood (old age).
- Behavioral and emotional characteristics of adolescents from divorced families.
Cognitive Psychology Papers Topics
Among the most recommended cognitive psychology papers topics are:
- Cognitive psychology of coping with loneliness.
- Comparison of early Buddhism and concepts of cognitive psychology.
- Cognitive styles and impulsivity among gamers with different levels of gaming activity.
- Social expectations for gifted children from the standpoint of cognitive psychology.
- Manifestation of the cognitive unconscious in the phenomenon of overconfidence.
- Behavioral and cognitive impact of the media on adolescents.
- The influence of music on the cognitive development of children of primary school age.
- Art-therapeutic methods and techniques in socio-psychological training.
- Emotional responsiveness: content and methods of development.
- The natural and social components of empathy and altruism.
- The diagnostic and therapeutic importance of medical empathy in psychiatry.
- Features of cognitive development of preschool children.
- The role of attention in the development of cognitive processes.
- Influence of power loads of different directions on the properties of short-term memory.
- Psychology of metacognitive processes of personality and its intricate relation with cognition.
- Psychological mechanisms of the “Deja vu” effect.
- Mental images of higher orders: the word as sounding and as meaning.
- Paramnesia: Cryptomnesia, false memory syndrome and confabulation.
- Cognitive psychology: the theory of the dual process of thinking.
- Psychology of decision making, or how we make choices.
Now, you can see there is no need to worry about psychology papers topics, as their variety is great. Writers can choose something really interesting to write about, according to their tastes and preferences.
Psychology Papers Topics: Help
Are you looking for psychology papers help and don’t know what to start with? We can help you. All you have to do, just to place an order on EssayShark.com and within the particular deadline term you’ll receive high-quality academic paper for reasonable price. Thousands of customers place orders every year and are completely satisfied with the company’s service.
Wondering if we can write a psychology essay? Of course, we can! Experienced writers can do anything you ask them to, no matter whether it is a paper, book or movie review or even a lab report! Just tell them your topic, discipline and your professor’s requirements and you will get what you need within the given deadline. Submit your application form to EssayShark.com indicating that you need a high quality psychology essay and wait until someone contact you to discuss the details of your order.